affirmation of the week: every step i take brings me closer to my highest potential ! ꨄ︎

Wednesday, August 12, 2026

physical media

episode 03: physical media

physical media is back and i couldn't be any happier about it!

I've seen a lot of people on social media that are creating their own collection of any kind of physical media and I'm here for it! the feeling of actually owning what you by is far better than knowing it could be gone any day. I wanted to watch 'friends' on netflix a few  weeks ago but it was gone- great.. but now I own all dvd's of 'friends' and can watch them whenever I want without relaying on any streaming platform which is amazing! I personally think that some people are getting annoyed by the fact that we actually don't own anything, even when we buy such things digitally or have a subscription.

having things digitally is in my opinion generally great but we all know nothing last forever. what if they decided to delete this and that? website no longer available? everything would be gone- memories, movies, music or whatever. so having your own (little) physical media collection insures that your favourite things are always available to you ᝰ.ᐟ I started my physical media collection with vinyls and it just continues to grow! now I own different vinyls, cd's, dvd's, vhs cassettes, music cassettes, a walkman, a discman and since a week an iPod ˖ ݁♬⋆.˚𝄞

I love collecting physical media- just to be able to listen and watch my favourite things whenever I like to is literally perfect! but I only buy things I really like/love and not just because I want to have a big collection. do you collect physical media?

random recommendation: any kind of mp3 player- you won't regret it 𓏲ּ𝄢

with love, celi

No comments:

Post a Comment